Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hairy Tale

We have hair issues. I mean, Jared is pretty much the hairiest man I've ever met (well, now not so much on his head) and in combination with my Weir genetics it makes for an altogether hairy family.

On his business trip, he decided to grow a beard. I firmly object to the beard on the grounds that it's not that much fun to kiss. So, he figures, he's not going to see me for a week, why shave?
Pearl was quite fascinated with it. They had a great father/daughter bonding moment.


So, as Jared was getting de-haired and had the buzzer out, I decided it was time for Max to get rid of his "tuft."

Here it is in all it's glory. His womb hair just kept growing and growing and sticking straight up. Adorable, right? Yeah, until it's like 4 inches long and tickles your nose every time he's in the baby bijorn. It was time - yup, we buzzed the three month old!
This is the first pass - I know, it looks terrible. He looks a little bit like a badly shorn sheep.
This is after I evened it out with scissors a bit. I don't know what it is about little boys, but haircuts ALWAYS make them look older (sniff sniff) apparently even when they are babies!

Seriously, in this picture, can you even tell it's Max? Looks like Sam to me...

3 comments:

Jayson & Sara said...

Oh my goodness - he does look like Sam! Lucky kid! A couple of cuties!

garian said...

Awww, I think it looks great. I've thought about cutting the dark hair around Chase's neck. He looks like an 80 year old man from the back.

Larsen Family said...

I was totally thinking he looked like Sam too! Very Cute!