Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pearl's 7th Birthday Party


Every year Pearl wants a party, and every year I say "let's just do a date with one friend..." Apparently, we are working from an every-other-year pattern (instigated by Pearl) of parties. However, this year (a party year, exhausting and expensive if you ask me...) I talked her into picking just 3 friends to see the EDMT production of the Wizard of Oz. What really convinced her was that our neighbor, Lindsay, (whom Pearl idolizes, I mean, come on, she's a 4th grader and very kind to Pearl) was going to be in it. Yeah for me! Easy party!
So, she invited Sophie, Makayla, and Tegan, and all the girls seemed to enjoy the show. The production was fabulous, and I loved that my Mom had my boys!
This is Lindsay and her neighborhood fans:) Afterwards, we went to the lunch buffet at Round Table (though Pearl and Makayla don't eat pizza, Pearl LOVES salad bars...). She had a fruit tart from the grocery store as her birthday cake (I know, bad mom, nothing homemade...but she doesn't like FROSTING!!!! How am I supposed to work with that?) and really enjoyed her gifts. I must say, having a small party is awesome for presents. Three (well four, Tegan's sister brought one too) gifts not only takes little time to unwrap but assimilates well into a room already too full of toys! She loved all of her gifts, these girls know her well!

We had a fun time on our girl's day - how grateful I am that I got at least one girl! Love you, Pearl!

3 comments:

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

Girlfriend... YOU LOOK FABULOUS!! WW?... what's your secret!??!

Jayson & Sara said...

Oh Happy Birthday Pearl! We love and miss you!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday to the birthday girl! Looks like a very fun day!!!