Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Monterey

We decided to use those aquarium passes (Sam asks to go like every other day) and spend a few days in Monterey this Thanksgiving. One of the things I really wanted to do was to get some family pictures at the beach.
To my photography friends... don't look too closely. I still have a lot to learn about shooting with a tripod and remote, apparently. The candids were better, but as I was holding a sleeping baby while shooting, I was kind of far away and had to crop a lot, so, everything looks kind of grainy to me... oh well. You get the point- we were there:)
With and without Max - he was getting quite upset at this point. Shortly after this picture I picked him up and he immediately fell asleep in my arms. Oh, to be a baby...
Isn't Jared photogenic?

Jared and Sam had a good time with the surf...
Pearl immediately wanted to begin her "seashell" search. She has been talking about nothing but collecting seashells and visiting the gift shop at the aquarium. It was getting dark by the time we got there, so she didn't get to do much looking - she mostly just got in trouble for wandering off...
And again with the kelp - I kid you not, when we walked passed some, she said "ooh, kelp!" What is it with this kid and seaweed?
Dad throwing Sam...
and Sam throwing Dad!
Controlled wading...
and uncontrolled wading!
This is one of the best pictures of me. It's hard for me to see pictures of myself sometimes, and since I'm usually behind the camera, it's not usually necessary. But, I'm trying to make a point of getting more comfortable in front of the camera (and having Jared get more comfortable behind as well...).

Well, off to the aquarium tomorrow! I'll let you know how the gift shop goes...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures, I like the sequence of Jared throwing Sam and Sam throwing Jared. I remember when I would take Jared to get baby pictures every 3 months (I had a coupon), the photographer would take tons of photos of him. That was before digital too, but she just couldn't help herself he was so good in front of the camera. I always felt a little bad buying just one picture.
Mom H

Anonymous said...

P.S. I like that photo of you too!
Mom H

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

OH!!! I think you're at "OUR" hotel!!! the one right on the beach!?!? SOOO JeALoUs!!! We're going to meet up there next time!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Amy, Jared's face is soo worthy of giggles, when Sam is throwing him into the ocean! And that photo of you, it really is a nice one! --Phani