Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pearl is 7!

So, for her actual birthday, she began the day a bit disappointed in the lack of party decorations (I know, bad mom...). She had requested McDonald's for lunch (gag) and Sizzler for dinner (hopefully her taste will improve with age...). So, while she and Sam and Dad were at McDonalds, I toddled off to the barn to get the dolly and wheel her VERY heavy birthday desk into the house all by myself. I put the legs on, and got the hutch connected and her vanity moved before she got home. I also set up a two generation old computer to be her very own to play Starfall and Webkinz on. Talk about a happy girl! I made her cover her eyes and we all yelled surprise - she loved it!
She fits perfectly in the pink office chair with the chair set all the way up:) Sam was thrilled that they will be playing more starfall (he likes to give her directions to follow...) and I am thrilled to have a computer set up dedicated to computer games for the kids. Don't tell Pearl, but I'm sure Sam will use it for his little preschool games when she's at school:)

The desk is big - big enough for the computer and ample space to do homework or other necessary art projects. This is her coloring in the fairy I drew from her new "how to draw a fairy" book (thanks, Tegan!). She promises she'll try the next one.

We got all her new colored pencils set up on the pegboard in an accessible place for her, and I gave her a stack of thank you cards. I've never seen her so motivated to write so many cards! She even made one for me:) She told me tonight that tomorrow she's planning on hanging out at her desk, playing starfall or writing things, and she is DEFINITELY doing her homework there from now on. Looks like it was a big hit, she feels very grown up in her new desk!

Her real present from me was her baby book, which I slaved over for months. I think it kind of took a back burner to all the webkinz, the cool charm set from Grandma Weir, and, of course, the hand-me-down computer that Daddy says he will paint pink for her. However, once we got a quiet moment, she really did enjoy looking at herself as a baby and reading everyone's memories of her. She has it set up in a prominent place on her desk, and later on she did say it was one of her favorite presents. Can't believe she's a gap toothed 7 year old, where does the time go! I love this little girl!

No comments: