Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Greats

We are so blessed to live within walking distance of Jared's grandparents. When I tell Pearl to take something to Grandma's house, she usually wants clarification "do you mean great grandma or just regular grandma?" Great Grandpa and Grandma have the singular distinction of ALWAYS having cookies in their cookie jar, so the kids stop by often for a minute or two. It is a mutually beneficial relationship, as long as the cookies are consumed outside so Grandma doesn't end up with crumbs on their floor.
Last month was their 67th (correct me if I'm wrong, Sherry) wedding anniversary. Sam knew that Auntie Crystal had made a cake, and that it all had something to do with Great Grandpa. This is Sam asking Grandpa if the cake is at his house, and when do we get to eat it?

The kids got to help them blow out their "anniversary" candles. I think Pearl understood the concept, but Sam was pretty sure it was still a birthday cake!

Wow, 67 years with the same person. I even think they still like each other! They are a great example of how to be happy in a marriage and I feel blessed that we get to see them so often.

2 comments:

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

LOVE this kissing picture! Soo sweet! How special! I'm seriously going to enroll in a photography class... because you've inspired me!

Uncle Johnny said...

I love Grandpa and Grandma. Happy Anniversary!