Thursday, April 1, 2010

4th Annual Easter Egg hunt

I have so many pictures to blog... we got baby chicks this week, I attempted easter portraits... but they're not ready... so I'm going to blog today's pictures first anyway.

Well, we did it. The 4th annual easter egg hunt. I'm getting better at it... I know what to ask people to bring, I think we got the parking, table placement, and hunt schedule down perfectly this year. I really wasn't going to do it... I have therapy 4 days this week, Jared is in Korea, and it was supposed to rain on my one day off. But, people were so disappointed that I found a way to do it anyway. It meant I was doing a session as people were coming to set up, but everyone was so helpful, it worked out just fine.

The kids were SO EXCITED to get started!!! This is the second year we've got these three in their bunny ears... I'm sensing a tradition coming on...
Sam was hilarious. He wasn't that interested in getting eggs, and I was thinking, what a weird kid, until I realized that he had been grabbing handfuls of candy out of the strategically placed decorative candy bowls all morning. Why work for it when it's just sitting around waiting for you to grab it? He got in trouble for it at like 8:00 this morning, so the rest of the day he was holding handfuls behind his back whenever I came near. Oh yeah, Sam, I have no idea what's going on when you do that!
Just a shot of the big kids... I would say this was about 1/3 of the kids total. There were a ton! It was really fun.
The big kids had an extra challenge - not only were they hunting in the tall grass up on the hill, I had my teenage helpers hide about 30 hard boiled eggs that if they found, they could turn in for a full size candy bar. Let me tell you, that was a HIT!!!! They hunted forever!
There was some concerns - the hard boiled eggs were REALLY hard to find. Luckily, Sister Larsen came to the rescue. She helped those girls until they all found hard boiled eggs. Yeah for Sister Larsen!
It's hard to get good candids of Pearl, but here she is with some of her first grade friends. Such good girls!
And, this was Max's hunt experience. He woke up when it was all over to eat some yogurt and pose for the camera.
Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Tim, Annie, Jack said...

good thing I took the last picture of max:) He left those ears on for a good 20 minutes!

Bryan and Ashley said...

That looks like so much fun!!! Wish we could have been there! Thanks again for having us over.