Monday, September 7, 2009

Jelly Belly Factory

Last Monday Jared and I decided to take the kids to the Jelly Belly Factory. We've been reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at home, and thought the kids would like it. So, since Monday was a minimum day, we decided that we would pick Jared up from work early and go.

Well, since I have a newborn, I didn't have my act together to go right after school, so, we decided to come home and do homework and piano lessons first. Then we get to Jared's work, and I have to feed the baby. Then, it takes Jared another 15 minutes to come out. THEN, he hasn't eaten all day, so we have to drive through In and Out to get milkshakes and Jared a hamburger. THEN we hit a pothole on the freeway and lose two hubcaps. Needless to say, we arrived about 10 minutes late for the last tour. They let us catch up, and we had gone through about two stops when Pearl needs to go the bathroom. This is because she is a strange child and would rather have a soda than a milkshake. (I know, weird) SOOO, I take her to the bathroom, and we catch up with the tour at the last stop, just in time to yell JELLY BELLY for our free jelly beans. At least Sam got to see the big machines (he's still talking about them:)


Posing with the Jelly Guy


We let the kids pick out candy in the store downstairs, that is, until Sam lost his candy privileges by not waiting for me to help him and by pulling out the jelly bean dispensers and dispensing them all over the floor, after which he was quickly whisked outside with Jared while Pearl got to pick out candy. It must be hard to be a person whose brain has not caught up with his physical capacity (or maybe it's just hard to be the mother of such a creature....)



Well, it was fun, anyway. This was the last hurrah, Jared ended up having to go back to work a week early. Sabbatical was fun, we've missed having Daddy at home this week. But, we're grateful he has such a good job:)


1 comment:

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

I LOVE hearing about other mother's experiences. Every time I see wonderful and exceptional mothers like you with 3 kids, they always make it look SOOO easy! I love seeing "the behind the scenes"... it makes me feel normal! And what the JB factory!?!? When we come visit you, can we go!??! I've heard of people going and always get so jealous!