Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Thanks, Mom!

I took Pearl to her piano lesson today at a new time that meant I had both boys with me. So, instead of sitting in on her lesson, I send her up the driveway and ran a quick errand then parked the car in a shady spot and waited with the boys. It went well, Max ate and Sam watched a movie on the monitor in the car. I guess these days of waiting in the car with the other kids are only just beginning for me.

But, it got me thinking. I took piano lessons for 10 years, probably the last 7 or so with Jayson the lesson before or after mine. What on earth did she do with all those hours and three other kids to entertain? I remember one teacher was within walking distance of the park, but still, she had no DVD player in the car. Such sacrifices, and it seriously never crossed my mind the entire time I was taking lessons that having to wait for me might be a pain for her, she had other young children to think about besides me (I think Peter was born three or so years into it). So, a belated thanks to my mom and my younger siblings who made that possible. I guess the farther you travel through motherhood, the more you appreciate your mother!

2 comments:

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

AMEN!!! Well put!!

Anonymous said...

So true, so true.
Mom H