Thursday, March 18, 2010

Funny things

I have so much I should be doing, but my kids are so funny today, I just have to write it down...

Sam (this morning as he was getting dressed) (in a tone of wonder, surprise, and even amazement) "Hey mom!!! I pooped air!!!!"

"yes Sam, it's called a toot and you're supposed to say excuse me"

"Oh, excuse me."


Later on the day, a new shipment of therapy toys came (my kids LOVE it when I order new therapy toys!) Keep in mind, these are therapy materials for the under three set, still, they must be cool (I ordered this and this, don't look at the prices, they ARE really cool and I will do LOTS of therapy with them:). So, this is how their play went...

Pearl: (holding the red bird) I'm feeling sad
Sam: (holding the yellow duck) Look! I can fly too!!!
P: Well, I'm just the only one who likes red in this village so I just don't fit in.
S: (in a reassuring tone) There's plenty of room in the village.

There you have it. They play SO WELL together, especially since they are 3 1/2 years apart. They both just accept the fact that they are playing very different games with the same toys. There seems to be just enough crossover to keep them at it.

Love love love these kids (even though they make messes and cause a TON of laundry:)


3 comments:

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

Sam's deep thoughts brought tears to my eyes! FUNNNYYY!! Totally made my day! Thanks!

Tim, Annie, Jack said...

Mom said you are coming over Sunday!? We are looking foward to it...miss you.

Anonymous said...

Great grandpa says Sam is a "character". I think that says it all.
Mom H