Friday, March 19, 2010

Maxi's firsts

This past week, Max got to experience grass for the first time. At like 6:45 at night, no less, I LOVE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME (this is because I am solar powered.) He wasn't too impressed at first,
But he'll always smile for mommy! He has decided that he pretty much wants ME to take care of him (instead of grandmas or almost anyone else). Lovely. He likes to put his little cheek next to mine and wrap his little hand around my neck, which is adorable and almost makes up for the fact that he wants my attention 100% of the time!
It seems like he's growing up all of the sudden... in the past week or so, he's decided he only likes homemade baby food, and has begun to drink through a straw. He sits up well enough now to take a bath with Sam, which is all sorts of splashing good fun.
He doesn't need to be swaddled anymore, and has started taking longer and fewer naps (THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!). That is, as long as I do the two pacifier trick (one in the hand, one in the mouth, so he can throw one over the side...).
And, today, he got his first tooth!!!!!
Yes, Max, we're proud of you too!!! Just think of all the things you'll be able to eat now!

And yes, I do think we'll have to cut that hair very soon...

3 comments:

Jayson & Sara said...

What a sweet boy! I love that second one. I like all his hair! Can't wait to see you all ... in just a few weeks!

Tim, Annie, Jack said...

So cute, the grass makes for a good back drop, I'll have to buy more bunny ears so we can take and easter picture like last year.

Uncle Johnny said...

He really is a cute kid.