Friday, March 5, 2010

Max is 7 Months

We interrupt this vacation travelogue to announce that Max is now 7 months old!
We're still waiting on a lot of skills... his girl cousins are totally beating him at things like rolling over and scooting... We've been working on it the past few days since I haven't been feeling well I have had more patience to lay on the floor with him and roll back and forth. Now he gets from his tummy to his back consistently (at least!) Then, when he gets there, he kicks and kicks but it doesn't get him anywhere yet. Still working on it. I keep showing him to put his feet up to roll back over... baby steps.
He sits with a little bit of support or something engaging (like this toy) to keep him there.
He likes food. Well, he likes the baby food that I make, not so much a jarred baby food kind of kid. I have to say I think he has discriminating taste. Once or twice I have ground up dinner that we were having in the baby food grinder... we are entering that stage. He's a pretty good self feeder, especially his puffs.
He continues to be a happy ray of sunshine in our lives. He loves people and will give the biggest grin to ANYONE willing to look at him.
He ADORES his big sister and brother. Pearl is so helpful, playing with him, feeding him a bit, helping him sit up. He thinks Sam in just plain cool, and is happy to watch whatever it is he is doing.

We're so glad to have a Max!

2 comments:

Crystal Hulbert said...

He is starting to look so much older. I need to come and visit.

Jayson & Sara said...

Good Catchlights! Max is a cutie.