Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mission - DESTROY ZURG!!!!!

Oh, where to begin.... first of all I wanted to say that I really didn't take VERY many pictures, you know, trying to enjoy the moment instead of becoming paparazzi. Plus the camera was heavy! So, anyway, I'm going to post them in a series that each tells a different part of our trip - sorry if this is boring to you, but it's pretty much my journal so I'm going to write whatever I want:)

The very first ride we went on was the new toy story ride in California Disney - midway mania.

It's pretty fun. You put on these 3D glasses and shoot targets and stuff like at a carnival.
Sam was a big fan. However, as much as I thought this would be his favorite ride, it wasn't.
Apparently midway games are not violent enough. Now, shooting lasers to defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg, well, that's just plain cool.
This was his mostest very favoritest ride - Astro Blasters. He went on 10 times. That's right, TEN. Luckily, we practically walked on almost every time.
We sent the kids in their own car a few times... lucky the fate of the universe does not rest with them!
I thought I was doing pretty good, you know, over 100,000 points! Then I looked at Jared's score. (sigh). And he had the baby that time, so that totally wasn't my excuse. He was also the one that showed me you could spin your car (after I had been on 3 times!)
Poor Sam. The whole second day he was running a fever, but the kid just kept going without complaint. We just kept giving him Tylenol and he would make it through. He did NOT want to miss out on more Astro Blasters! That day was the day we took a break in the middle to visit Grandpa Rikalo and ended up back at the park until closing (another post). This was him at 10:00 that night, trying desperately to stay awake to watch an episode of Muppets season 2 (I sent Jared to Target... yup, that's the kind of thing he comes back with...) AND play with his laser gun.
We laid him down and turned the TV off to put him out of his misery shortly after that.
More tomorrow!

1 comment:

Tim, Annie, Jack said...

Boo for the fever...Yay for astro blasters, that game looks like Sam heaven!