Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Housekeeping

The only appropriate picture to add to this post would be the current state of my laundry room/master bath. I'll spare you all. Let me suffice it to say that a new washer and dryer are being delivered tomorrow and I am beginning to panic.

So, I hired a housekeeper today. We've been having this discussion for a while now, but I keep thinking oh, I can do it, oh, I can keep up, I'll just get the girls in the ward to help... well, they have, but it's just not enough. Jared keeps making noises like I'm working too much... well, now maybe that will stop. See, it's really a good use of resources. I work an hour and a half to pay for her to clean all day. No big deal, right? Then why do I feel like such a failure?

Oh well, I'm sure those feelings will leave the first time she comes and leaves the doors and baseboards and ceiling fans clean:) And, I might add, right after I hired her I felt so relaxed I played with Max for half an hour. That, my friends, is priceless.

Jared's Note:
This account is not entirely accurate. The correct statement is "Amy keeps making noises like she's working too much." I was most certainly not making noises. My part was simply to suggest that she backfill the time she spends working with services like housekeeping to reduce her stress level.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah come on, you should have put a picture up, it would have really added to this post. ;o)
Mom H

garian said...

I love having someone clean once a month. It really does help. I keep the main stuff clean...then they do a once a month deep, all over clean. It's good for the mommy, it's good for the soul.