Sunday, August 22, 2010

Airplane.

So, I knew the gravel pits were coming. I wanted to make sure we had something to put in right away. So, against orders, I ordered the airplane and the swing set. What? They weren't that big to store, and they only sat on Gary's front porch for like 2 weeks. So, with the pits in, I'm thinking we'll get it up right away and we can play. Yeah! Reality check - Jared doesn't come home from work until like 8:00 every night. So, after evenings of fussing and complaining, I got him to at least get it started for me. The next day he left for Korea, and what did I do? Of course, I put it together myself! I will admit, there were a few screws at the end for Gary to tighten and fix, but overall, I did it! The children highly approve.
It is called the Sea Duck and many fun adventures are had.

Max is always so proud of himself when he can sneak a chance to steer!


I will say this, after my experience putting the airplane together (with the children constantly asking if they could get on yet and sitting on parts) I didn't touch the swing set. I figured I would leave that one to the professionals. Good thing, too, after watching three of the strongest people I know lift it into place.

2 comments:

BandB Eyes said...

These are from Lifetime right? We've been looking at the same thing to get- they look like they are a lot of fun for the kids!

Amy said...

Yes - I'm very happy with them. They take up less space and I think will wear better than a big wooden structure.