Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Taekwondo






I can't believe it's taken me so long to blog about Taekwondo. The kids started in June, and it took a month or so to get uniforms, then it's hard to get pictures because I'm chasing Max... anyways, here are some. They are totally adorable. They have been learning valuable life lessons like saying "yes sir" and yelling before you run at someone to kick them:) It's a good thing for them to be involved in. Pearl had her first belt test a few weeks ago (now she has a white belt with a green stripe) and she broke a board! So amazing for my little uncoordinated children! The teacher is so patient and kind, but very strict, perfect for my little Sam. He adores punching, but you should have seen the look on his face during the class where they each got a stick and started learning sword forms... pure joy. Pearl wasn't so sure at first, I mean, no pink and no tutus are involved, but there are some big girls there so she figures it's acceptable. She's especially enjoyed it since her belt test... just needed some success (isn't that always how it is?). I would highly recommend it to parents looking to teach their children respect, control, and strength.

No comments: