Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pearl Girl




Pearl is so grown up to me lately. She reads chapter books, rides the bus by herself, and is becoming quite the independent spirit. She's been so busy since school started, I feel bad that she has almost no free time. Well, Saturday was a stay at home day and she played outside and imagined to her heart's content. Sammy left with Jared to run errands, and Max was sleeping, and I was folding laundry when I caught her playing "vet" with her little stuffed animals. It was quite the elaborate set up, with an x-ray machine (her camera), some surgical gloves (frilly Easter gloves) and other assorted equipment. I was glad to catch her, and glad that she had just a little bit of time to imagine and play - after all, she is still a little girl. For a little while, at least:) Love my girl!

2 comments:

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

just had to play catch up on your blog... you're family is just so dang cute! ... and by the way... why does your house look like it belongs in the Pottery Barn catalog?!?!? LOVE IT!!!... when's Apple Hill... soon!? we're coming!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love Pearl's imagination! She will make a wonderful Vet some day!