Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Second Grade

I know. Can you believe it? I'm having a hard time reconciling being the mother to a big second grader at the same time I'm still changing stinky diapers and teaching kids to walk. I guess most people just figure that one out!

In her defense, the sun was very bright. Still, her "smile" face is even worse than usual...
Pearl continues to make me smile regularly. She is always trying her best to do what's right, and her little thoughts are so funny. She is in a "figuring things out" phase, and her explanations for why the world is the way it is are often quite convoluted:)
She got to go for a girls night out with Auntie Annie to pick out her back to school clothes. It was fun, Annie and I had fun dressing her up. I don't think she minded:) Yup, she's that old. She really has to be there to pick clothes out now, or she won't wear them. Sigh. No more just buying her things while she's at school...
Her teacher's name is Mrs. January, and she really likes her. She is continuing with piano lessons and has started Taekwondo this summer. She loves her brothers, who love her so much too. She is enjoying being the "boss" of all the little kids here on the ranch, I'm glad she's still young enough to be excited to play with them. She reads every night, she's working on Matilda right now. She also loves these lame animal chapter books, she has such a soft heart for cute things:) Yesterday, she got her own library card, which is all sorts of exciting. So so glad I have such a girly girly girl to counteract all the boys around here!

No comments: