Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I was reading a friend's blog about her new years resolutions. And seriously, I've had such a bad attitude about self improvement for most of this very tired child-rearing year, that my first response (after an initial surge of hatred that she was organized enough to actually write them down) was YUCK! I am so not making resolutions! And yet, after I read hers, I felt a little bit inspired. Of course, her resolutions are like way more cool than I have energy for, but I think I can come up with a few... so here they are:)

1. I will cook a healthy dinner for my family at least 3 (I was going to put 4, but let's be real here) nights a week even when Jared is out of town.
2. Take Taekwondo with the kids and finish the year with a green belt. (that's two belts up... hopefully I can do that!)
3. Keep my buisness up, which I love!
4. Go out on a date (a real one with a babysitter and lipstick) at least once a month (I was going to put week, but let's be reasonable, chances are he'll be gone 2 weekends a month) with my husband. I kind of like him.
5. Get a good picture of each of my children at least once a month.
6. Help Pearl sew 2 american girl doll outfits. (and if I don't make it, I'll have to buy four. That's the deal... Pearl probably prefers that I fail on this one... but it would be better for her and for me if we sewed together)

And, I think that's quite enough! Good luck to me, and good luck to you!!!!

1 comment:

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

very inspiring... thanks for passing it on! I think I'm going to copy your #4 and put it on my list! I just wish we lived close enough to double date!