Friday, January 7, 2011

Pictures

I've been taking a few pictures lately. It's slowed down somewhat, as every time I do a shoot lately I have to delete some things from my hard drive first, but my amazingly wonderful geeky husband is taking care of that tonight by installing a 500g hard drive on my computer (upgrading from 160, I love that man!). Anyway, here is a sample of what I've been up to, and some pictures I was happy about...

This is a high school senior that belongs to a friend of Sherry's. He had this amazing red guitar, I just couldn't resist... probably one of the coolest pictures I've ever taken. I took the money they gave me and upgraded to Aperture 3, which allowed me to make the guitar red, which I REALLY wanted to do as soon as I saw the raw file for this picture. If I was a professional and had a studio I would print it really big for my display wall. As it is, it would be weird for me to have another person's kid on my wall...
I took these pictures for John and Lora when they were here... I swear as we were getting in the car the overcast light went away, and the sun came streaming in, so they're a little more contrasty than I'd like, but it's amazing to get a smirk even out of Maya so I was proud anyway:)
Isn't she a cutie?!!!

2 comments:

Lora said...

VERY cool red guitar. How do you like Aperature 3? Cute family too. :)

Anonymous said...

Ya for software upgrades! Great photos Amy!