Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Taekwondo

Today was our first day of Taekwondo. I didn't get a picture of all four of us in our uniforms, things were a little too crazy for that! It was fun, except it was harder than it looked when I watched Pearl and Sam do it. I have increased respect for my little girl, she works really hard. Let's put it this way - during all of the running and sprints, my little slow girl was only one round behind me (which says a lot about how slow I am, but that's another story). Only a few hiccups, the babysitter was a few minutes late, but our friend Wes watched Max for a few minutes (thank you thank you, Wes!). And then there was the part where Max screamed for about 1/2 the class (at least the babysitter took him outside) oh, and my favorite part, the part where Jared puked after the warmup. Classic. My guess is that he'll be thinking twice about what he eats for lunch on tuesdays and wednesdays!!! Pearl and I were paired up to hold the target for each other during kicking drills (we made it a threesome when Jared was done puking) and that was just so precious. It was really nice to be able to spend time with her. I really do try, we do girl scouts, we go to plays, but so much of my time at home is sucked up by her brothers that it was nice to have a special 45 mintues where she gets her parents all to herself. (I want 45 minutes by myself with my parents, sometimes!!!). It was fun, I'm so glad I got everything worked out so we can do this together. Here's to a good night's sleep tonight, and some sore legs tomorrow!!!!

1 comment:

Lora said...

Good times! I am so excited for you guys to get to "do" (As in taekwon"do") it up together!