Friday, January 7, 2011

Reading.

Well, I keep saying to myself (and any relatives who will listen) that Sam is going to be an early reader. The kid just adores books. He's thoroughly addicted to Starfall, and I started reading Bob books with him over vacation. He's doing pretty well.

Yesterday, he came up to me with a new book he had been reading, and in this particular book the words are all street signs (some sort of truck book). He brought this page to me and said "I know this one says "no fun" and this one says "no trucks" but what does this one say?" (It was "no parking - I helped him sound it out). Amazing. I'd say he's officially a reader! What a beautiful smart little boy... if only he would listen to his teachers every once in a while, I'd say he has a shining academic road before him... alas...

1 comment:

Lora said...

What a smartie pants!