Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Samuel Streams


In our conversation while I drove Sam to school I learned some surprising facts. To give you any idea of the kind of deep and meaningful conversations we have.

Dad: Sooo... Where is the location of your secret base?
Sam: what's location?
Dad: where is your secret base?
Sam: Disneyland.
Dad: that's weird. Is that where you keep your robot army?
Sam: yeah. In the Bug Life caterpillar ride.
Dad: (disappointed, but hopeful) oh. Are they ready to take over the world?
Sam: no they give people ice cream.
Dad: (resigned) oh. I see. You build robots to give people ice cream.
Sam: I didn't build it, I found it. It was a gift from the Lord (said like a southern preacher with arms raised)
Dad: that seems unlikely. Why do you need to give people ice cream?
Sam: because the evil doctor Poofpints stole it from the people.
Dad: pooppants?
Sam: Poofpints.
Dad: poofpants?
Sam: poof---p-I-n-ts.
Dad: okay. Dr Poofpints.
Sam: evil.
Dad: right the evil Dr Poofpints. (hope restored)
Sam: he's very bad.
Dad: So do your robots have a freezer built into them?
Sam: yes. In their eyes. (holds ice cream cone under eye and blinks) the ice cream comes out of their eyes. It's the only place because the are covered in hands. And they look like wires.

I go on to learn that Samuel Streams has a red cape with blue and a big mask. He shot and killed the Dr with a big gun. His jet is capable of shooting down air pirates. Sights emerge from his shoes to aid in aiming the guns hidden in them.


P.S. - several days later he told me (Amy) that "God built all the grocery stores. He used the priesthood - you know, mom, the Power of God" I had to explain to him that God built the trees and grew the food and had men build the grocery stores... we're still working on that...

2 comments:

Lora said...

I love the men in this family. They have the best conversations with their kids. How cute (and creative) Sam is!

Mark A said...

I can't wait to have that conversation with Roko