Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Faith of a Child

So, on Sunday night, Pearl couldn't find Swimmy, her recent favorite stuffed animal (given to her by her friend Tegan) to sleep with. She was almost in tears when she came to me to tell me it was missing. I finished feeding the baby, exhausted, and went in to try to talk her into taking another friend to bed (she only has about a million to choose from...). Anyways, she really wanted Swimmy, so she suggested we say a prayer to find her. She had already looked all over the house, and I was tired and grumpy and didn't feel much like praying. So, I told her if she wanted to, then she should say a prayer. I must confess I was even more cranky about this because I knew I would then have to scour the house to find the dumb duck so she would believe that prayer worked. After she prayed, I went to go to the bathroom before I started my quest, and as I walked past Sam's room I remembered that she had been playing in there early that morning. The door was shut, Sam was already in bed, but as I walked past I told her to try Sam's room while I went to the bathroom, then when I was done I would come help her. By the time I got out, she was snug in her bed with her duck. She did have faith, even though I didn't. Just goes to show you, prayer really does work. Even if it's just to help a 6 year old find a duck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Building blocks of faith, you have to start somewhere. Would that we could all hold on to the faith of a child.
Mom H

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

Thanks for sharing this... what a teaching moment for us "older & wiser" ones.