Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pearl Girl

It was time for school pictures, and I decided I could do better. Plus, they are EXPENSIVE!!! So, I had Pearl's friend Makayla come over and we did our own version. I'm really pleased with how they turned out (as in I had to create a whole new collage wall in my house so I would have some place to put them!)
Pearl has spent enough time with a camera in her face now that she knows I get a better smile when she's laughing, so she hams it up! Actually, she is pretty good at turning on a real smile now:)
I am surprised at how much I enjoy this. I don't really consider myself an artistic person, but I have really learned a lot about photography over the last year and I think it shows in my pictures. I'm not going to be a professional - that was never the goal - but I won't have to pay someone to take my kid's pictures now.
It helps that I think my kids are the cutest - maybe that's why I like taking pictures of them so much!




3 comments:

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

LOVE the picture of the girls telling secrets... I can't get over how much Pearl looks like you! Can you believe we were almost her age when we met! What a sweet girl!! I can't wait to meet her in person!

Megan said...

They are so cute...I hope they stay this great of friends forever. I think they will...Pearl is all Makayla talks about. SO CUTE!!

BandB Eyes said...

Great job Amy- very cute!