Sunday, October 4, 2009

Potato Heads

While Pearl is at ballet, I have half an hour or so to kill at Target. This week, Sam stayed home with Grandma to take a nap (itchy boy!) so I had more leisure than was typical. So, we made this purchase - I thought it would be fun and easy to do with the kids.
The hard parts were 1) keeping Sam from mixing these parts with his regular potato head set and 2) getting the holes started to poke the parts in. Thank goodness I have these cool turkey lifters - one of the tines worked perfectly as an awl to get things started. Then, I just had to push REALLY hard, and presto! We had a face!

Sam made a pirate! Unfortunately our pumpkin was a little too small to fit the mustache on. He cracked me up - the pirate comes with two earrings, and he was very specific about having "only one." Where did he learn that? He also informed me that the pirate was going to "sword the witch." Thanks to her thick skin, she seems to have survived!

Pearl made the witch. We decided it was adorable, even though it wasn't a princess or a mermaid.


Let the Halloween festivities begin!


1 comment:

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

Cuteness! Will the pieces fit into a regular potato head?