Saturday, November 15, 2008

REALLY real tea party

Instead of a big birthday party, I talked Pearl this year into doing something special with one friend. Of course, that friend was Makalya, who she goes to school AND church with. Grandma Hulbert and Makayla's grandma took the girls to a real tea house in Sutter Creek. Apparently, it was a big hit.
The day started with a new dress with a long swishy skirt. I know, it's terrible, but she still thinks that sort of thing is "beautifulish." Then, they got to have a TON of attention at the tea house, and go in a bathroom that had a real vanity.




The funniest story of the day, was that lots of random strangers stopped to talk to the two darling little girls in their party dresses. One lady said, "oh, is it your birthday?" Yes. "are you 4?" no "5?" no "3!" No, silly, I'm six. Apparently, she's still small for her age. Which is just fine with me!


So much fun to have a tea partyish grandma!

5 comments:

Maryann said...

Way fun. That is so exciting. I can't believe she is six. Happy Bday Pearl!!!

Anonymous said...

Makayla said she was so excited about the tea party that she didn't sleep very well the night before. Pearl said in the car that she was so excited she was "having a hard time holding her horses in". Do you like my hat? is it big enough? Pearl said she liked it and it made me look very "ladyish". Do you know how long I've waited for this day, for the day I had a grandaughter old enough to go to a real tea room. It was all I had hoped it would be. The atmosphere was not wasted on Pearl, she said (with a little awe and reverence in her voice) that the place was "faaancy".
Mom H

Jared and Amber said...

How fun for you all! The question is...did she just have one flavor of 'tea' or try all sorts?

Anonymous said...

Lemonaid.
Mom H

Megan said...

Haha...my mom were a hat. I don't think I have ever seen her do that. I got a picture on my phone sent me from Weston that day. Makayla was so excited.