Monday, November 17, 2008

Sam's playdate


Ok, I have often thought that Sam is such a boy because he just came that way - and now I'm sure of it. Though, I must admit, I would never decide to clean the chicken coop while Pearl was on a playdate with Makayla, I'm certian that if I tried it would be a flop. Sam and Evan, on the other hand...rousing success. They wore boots, spent like 15 minutes playing with the chicken's water fountain, and got incredibly muddy. Then, I gave them a job to put shavings into the clean coop - this was a job that they took very seriously! Once they were done with that, Sam asked if they could "go a venture walk." So, of course, they headed straight for the old shed (which Pearl will not enter because it is dirty and spidery), find some plastic knives (what is it with boys and weapons?) and attempt to saw the walls down. Seriously, this was completely un-prompted. Evan kept bringing me sticks (well, logs, actually) and Sam marched around with his knife proclaiming "I a bad guy." Apparently, it was a great playdate because it ended in a bath!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Maryann said...

That is so great! I'm not sure I'm so ready for boys... I'm doing pretty good with girls so far.

I love the pic of Sam putting the clean wood chips (or whatever it is) into the coop where you see the top of his head. Very cute.

Anonymous said...

That's my favorite picture too.
Mom H

Megan said...

Wow...they are growing up so much. Boys will be boys, especially on a farm. I love how Tami and your kids are the same age and can have playdates.