Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Room makeover

So, Pearl has had her own room for about 9 months now. We never had gotten a new bedspread finished for her, and no window treatments more than basic pulldown shades. I hadn't even patched and painted the brad holes on the drawers of ther bed (made by her Grandpa Hulbert, we are lucky to have that guy around!). So, it was time, and, as all re-decorating projects are, it was inspired by a really good sale at Pottery Barn Kids. I am lucky enough to have Annie working there, so when she sees a really good deal, she calls me and snatches it up for me. So fun. So, with a new bedspread, we took down our flower decals and my friend Kelly is going to paint us a birch tree. I actually also got valences done today (so much for potty training, we both needed a break!) which Annie helped me design. I think decorating a little girls room is so fun because you can do all sorts of crazy things, like pink walls, that your husband would never allow in your room! Pearl is happy to have things more finished, and I am happy to have some variation to ALL the PINK!!! Now we have just a few more projects for Grandpa....
Posted by Picasa