Friday, June 4, 2010

10 Months

I've been taking so many pictures and blogging so much lately, I have neglected to journal about Max now that he's 10 months.
Well, as of the past few days, he is now a FAN of self feeding. Which means, baths and 20 minute cleanups after every meal. I used to think Sam was a mess, I'm not sure if he actually got cleaner or if he's just clean in comparison. I gave him a plate with diced strawberries on it for lunch yesterday. He just hugged it. He would pull it up to look at it, then hug it again (it did have jungle animals on it, thanks kelly!). I don't think he quite gets the concept.
He has 3 teeth and several more swelling to come in. He hasn't been too happy about it.
As of yesterday he is now officially scooting. It is most definitely bittersweet. I mean, he has to move eventually, his girl cousins are way ahead of him. But I really liked that I could just sit him on the floor with toys and he was happy. Oh well. He must grow up. And I really did enjoy it while it lasted.
He will pretty much only cuddle and nurse with me in the early mornings now. I try to savor the feel of his tiny little body snuggling mine. They get big so fast!
He's a great sleeper - as long as there is a crib and 2 pacifiers handy... one for the mouth, and a spare for the hand. That way he can plug himself back up when he needs to.
Pretty sure that between me and his big brother and sister, this little boy gets plenty of attention and love every day!

2 comments:

Tim, Annie, Jack said...

can't wait to see him scoot! and can you come do all my back blogging for me! You are on a roll!

Anonymous said...

You are soo brave, Amy! The only things I let Sydney self feed are foods that aren't too messy 'cuz I don't have the energy for cleaning up and baths afterwards! But I bet she'd love eating spaghetti on her own! Max, you are one lucky, adorable little fella'!