Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Baby Brother

My baby brother got married this week.

I still remember him as a baby. I was almost 10 when he was born. I remember how excited I was when Mom went to the hospital. I remember coming home from school and begging to hold him, and how happy I was when he wanted to be with me.

I remember when he was 9 or 10 and I was home for a bit and we would watch Power Rangers together. And now he's married. He was the last one, and it's been 5 years since the last sibling got married, he's been waiting for a while to join the club:)

Then he brought Roxy home. We realized pretty quickly that she's pretty much perfect for him, and we're so happy to have her in the family. Now we can have an even number at the adult table for Thanksgiving - which makes Peter very happy, I'm sure.

At the wedding, I followed Sara around as she took pictures. Not the whole time, as I was commandeered to take pictures of the babies, and had to spend some time making sure Max and Mara both got their naps. So, I didn't come out with very many that I liked. Which is ok, because Sara's are simply amazing (check out the Sara Weir Photography link for the real deal). In fact, once I saw Sara's, I was almost embarrassed to put mine up. Who wants to be compared with a pro? But, I figured, humility is most assuredly something I need to improve on, so here they are. It's good for me to have something to aspire to (as long as I don't start spending thousands of dollars on equipment, Jared thinks it's good for me to have something to work towards).



Helps that the couple is so adorable:) Love you, Peter and Roxy. So glad I got to take away such a great souvenir of your special day!

3 comments:

Jayson & Sara said...

Beautiful Amy!! I love love love seeing the different perspectives between photographers. Peter and Roxy will love these!

Anonymous said...

These are soo nice! My two faves are the two middle photos.

Maryann said...

I think you take amazing pictures, Amy. I agree with you about the beautiful couple. So happy for them. I think the last time I saw Peter he was 17 or something. I'm excited for the reception. It will be fun to meet Roxy.

And the ponies...