Friday, June 4, 2010

Spaghetti

Do you remember that Shel Silverstein poem? Spaghetti, spaghetti, all over the place, up to my elbows, up to my face? That's kind of how our day was yesterday. Pearl has made some goals this summer, and one of them is cooking once a week (she came up with that one on her own, I suggested the knitting and reading goals).

This week it was fresh pasta. I'm not sure exactly what I was thinking when I suggested that meal. I think next week I'll teach her how to open a bag of frozen orange chicken from Trader Joe's.

We did have a good time, and we learned things like keeping our hair back instead of rolling it into the dough. Important life skills. We also learned about how garlic is bitter if you let it burn (don't worry, it turned out just fine. I was just trying to explain how you have to have everything ready before you start cooking).
She insisted it was a dinner party. Since she only wanted to invite the in-laws and the cousins, I agreed.


1 comment:

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

Amy... seriously how do you do it!?!? I wish you'd write a parenting book!... Your children are so blessed to have you as a mom!