Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sammy's birthday party

First, the cake. Sam requested exactly this... chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and candy on top. I suggested a bug theme.... but then we found the gummy sharks in the bulk bins. So we had to make a pond too. That was the most requested corner of the cake. I had Sam, Jack, and Liz decorate the cake the day before. It was totally awesome... the perfect cake for a 4 year old!
Jared and I took him to birthday breakfast at IHOP... it was fun. The part I loved the most was when he started talking about the butter pecan syrup... hey mom, I know what sounds like butter pecan... leprechaun!
Then off to Preschool "celebration" because we're not actually graduating. Apparently it was a big deal, but we were 10 minutes late. Just in time for Sam to have his turn, and I was standing there juggling the baby and the camera, thus the out of focus picture. Apparently he wants to be a zookeeper when he grows up and his favorite food is eggs. Who knew?
Then, it was off to Chuck E Cheese with his cousins and friends the Larsens. Fun times!
This is the perfect situation for Daddy. I think they were crushing dinosaurs or something.


Max was happy to be part of the gang:)
Then we headed back to Grandma Weir's for pizza and cake.
He seems so much older to me now. We told him that 4 year olds don't wipe their mouths on their sleeves, they use a napkin. He is now a religious napkin requester. What a big boy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, what a fun birthday! I love Sam's birthday cake. One of kind!

Elizabeth said...

I love the napkin thing...definitely need to keep that one in my arsenal. Happy Birthday, big boy!