Sunday, June 27, 2010

Friends


I had the special opportunity this week to meet my very best friend from elementary school at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It was so fun to see her again! It made me remember so many things...

Beth's house was the first place I spent the night at. It was magical. She had only one brother, I remember it was so nice and peaceful. Plus, they had ice cream:)

I remember us pulling weeds in my Grandma's neighborhood for $1.50 an hour, then going to Pic N Save (a dollar store, or something like it) and spending it on strange things like porcelain kitties (which is funny, because I remember thinking they must be worth something because they were REAL PORCELAIN, and must be worth more than I was paying. Even funnier, is that Pearl picks that same thing out on her trips to the dollar store with her dad:).

Beth was FUN. This evening when I told my mom and sisters that we met at the aquarium, Mara said she remembered that Beth was so funny and she loved hanging out with us.

I remember Beth's mom, Lenora. She was so COOL!!! She would sometimes pick me up when I was walking the 100 blocks (or whatever it was) home and give me a ride... awesome. She was always fun too, I remember I loved talking to her and being with her almost as much as my friend. I always knew that mother and daughter were best friends as well, you could just tell!

It was just this year that Beth found me on facebook, and now we get to keep tabs on each other through blogs and such. What a blessing! It was so fun to see you again, Beth!

1 comment:

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

LOL. It's funny the things we remember! It's amazing how people NEVER change. You're still the most outgoing, inspirational, and sincere friend I have. I love how you thought my house was magical... when I thought your house was the best ever.... so many things going on at once, brothers and sisters to play with! Thanks for making the time to meet up with me! It's was so special to meet up with you!